This grilled shrimp kabobs recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion, from a casual backyard BBQ to an elegant dinner party.
This recipe features succulent shrimp marinated in a flavorful mixture of olive oil, garlic, lime juice, and herbs.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
The kabobs are then grilled to perfection, creating a smoky, charred flavor that perfectly complements the sweet and savory taste of the shrimp. Grilled shrimp kabobs are a great way to add variety to your summer grilling menu and are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
How do I prevent the wooden skewers from burning on the grill?
Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the shrimp and veggies. This helps prevent them from burning while grilling.
What’s the recommended grilling time for shrimp kabobs?
Shrimp typically cooks quickly, usually taking around 2-3 minutes per side on a preheated grill. Ensure they turn pink and opaque before flipping.
What ingredients to I need to make this Grilled Shrimp Kabobs recipe?
- olive oil
- lime juice
- lime zest
Helpful tools to make this recipe
Should I remove the tails from the shrimp before skewering?
It’s a matter of personal preference. Leaving the tails on can add to the presentation, but for easier eating, consider removing them before skewering.
How can I prevent the shrimp from sticking to the grill grates?
Ensure your grill grates are well-oiled before placing the kabobs. You can also lightly coat the shrimp with oil before grilling to prevent sticking.
What other recipes should I try?
- Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan Dip
- Stuffed Cucumbers with Feta and Dill
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 T. lime zest
- 1 t. chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 T. honey (preferably local)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/4 lbs. extra-large peeled deveined shrimp
- 4 skewers*
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in small jar with lid.
- Pour one-half of marinade mixture into large non-reactive bowl and reserve the other half in the jar for serving.
- Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Marinate at least 15 minutes but not longer than 30 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, 5-6 per skewer.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp until no longer translucent, 3-4 minutes per side. Watch carefully as shrimp cook very quickly and will become rubbery if overcooked.
- Remove from grill onto a serving platter. Drizzle lightly with reserved marinade.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley sprigs and lime slices or as desired above. Enjoy!
I prefer to use four 12-15” metal skewers for this recipe. If using wooden skewers be sure to soak for at least 30 minutes before adding shrimp to prevent burning.