Instant Pot chicken wings are a quick and easy way to enjoy crispy and flavorful wings without having to deep fry them.
Using an Instant Pot allows you to cook the wings under pressure, which helps to infuse them with flavor and ensures that they’re tender and juicy. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack that’s perfect for game day, parties, or just a casual night in.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Whether you prefer your wings spicy or mild, this recipe can easily be customized to suit your taste. So, fire up your Instant Pot and get ready to make some mouth-watering chicken wings!
Can I use frozen chicken wings for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken wings, but you will need to increase the cooking time to ensure that they are fully cooked.
How do I make the chicken wings crispy?
After cooking the wings in the Instant Pot, you can place them on a baking sheet and broil them in the oven for a few minutes until they are crispy.
What ingredients to I need to make RECIPE?
- chicken wings
- Salt and black pepper
- White sesame seeds
- coconut aminos
- sesame oil
- fresh ginger
- garlic powder
Helpful tools to make this recipe
Tip: You can save money by trimming your wings yourself. (See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired.
What other recipes should I try?
- RELATED RECIPES
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. water
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sesame Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ c. coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 2 t. fresh ginger, very finely minced
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the coconut aminos, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.