Prepare your taste buds for a luxurious journey with savory baked brie—a sensational appetizer that oozes indulgence and sophistication.
This instant pot dish elevates the beloved brie cheese to a whole new level, wrapping it in a delectable savory blanket that promises a burst of flavors with every bite. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself to a culinary delight, this recipe is a surefire way to win over any crowd.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Get ready to experience the magic of warm, gooey cheese complemented by savory add-ons that’ll make every moment a savory celebration!
What type of dish can I use to cook the brie in the Instant Pot?
Use a heatproof dish that fits comfortably inside your Instant Pot. A small, oven-safe dish or a glass container that fits the size of your brie wheel works well for this recipe.
How long does it take to cook baked brie in an Instant Pot?
Cooking times may vary, but typically, it takes around 5-7 minutes of pressure cooking in the Instant Pot to achieve the desired melted consistency for the brie.
What ingredients to I need to make savory baked brie?
- baking apples
- apple cider
- Fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
Helpful tools to make this recipe
How can I prevent the brie from sticking to the dish in the Instant Pot?
To prevent sticking, you can lightly grease the heatproof dish with a bit of oil or cooking spray before placing the brie inside.
How should I serve Instant Pot baked brie?
Serve the Instant Pot baked brie warm, directly from the Instant Pot dish, with crackers, crusty bread, or fruit slices for dipping. It’s a delightful appetizer or a fantastic addition to a cheese platter.
What other recipes should I try?
- 1 8-oz. round of Brie
- 2 large baking apples, cored and chopped
- ½ medium orange, peeled and chopped, with juice
- 2 T. red onion, chopped
- 2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- ¾ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. dried rosemary
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. apple cider
- ¼ c. pecans, roughly chopped
- Fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Carefully cut the top off the round of Brie and place inside a round heat-proof bowl just large enough to hold it (see dimensions above). Place the rind back on top of the Brie and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add the chopped apples, orange, onion, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, honey, salt, and apple cider to the Instant Pot® and stir to combine.
- Place the prepared round of Brie on to the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and carefully lower into the unit with the trivet arms up for easy removal.
- Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to “High” for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no additional steam comes out, carefully remove the lid before lifting out the trivet and Brie with potholders. Set aside.
- Select the Sauté function on the highest setting. Bring the fruit mixture to a low boil while stirring frequently. Heat until the mixture thickens, approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn the unit off.
- Remove the foil and the top piece of rind from the warm Brie. To serve, transfer to a platter and spoon some of the fruit mixture on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and garnish with small sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or thyme, if desired. Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers or crostini, and/or fresh apple slices. Enjoy!