This Peanut Butter Mousse recipe is a creamy and indulgent dessert that’s perfect for peanut butter lovers. This dessert is a light and fluffy mousse that’s made with peanut butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, and a touch of sweetness.
It’s a simple and elegant dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, from a casual family dinner to a fancy dinner party.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
This recipe is easy to make and comes together quickly, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a delicious Peanut Butter Mousse that’s sure to become a family favorite.
Can I make this mousse ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the mousse ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent any odors from the refrigerator from affecting the flavor.
Can I freeze this mousse?
It is not recommended to freeze this mousse as it may affect the texture and cause it to become grainy when thawed.
What ingredients to I need to make this peanut butter mousse recipe?
- whipped cream
- honey, preferably local, divided
- vanilla extract, divided
- cream cheese, room temperature
- sugar-free peanut butter, room temperature
- unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- roasted peanuts, chopped
Helpful tools to make this recipe
What other recipes should I try?
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- ¼ c. honey, preferably local, divided
- 1 t. real vanilla extract, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ c. natural sugar-free peanut butter, room temperature
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 c. roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon honey, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending to incorporate all ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt in another large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until completely combined. Divide the mousse between four dessert or parfait bowls and set in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 10 minutes. Reserve remaining whipped cream, to serve.
- Right before serving, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 15-30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. (Total cook time will vary). Remove chocolate from microwave and stir in remaining tablespoon of honey. Set aside.
- To serve, remove peanut butter mousse from the refrigerator and top each serving with a spoonful of the remaining whipped cream, a drizzle of melted chocolate, and some chopped peanuts. Enjoy!